cityCURRENT Radio Show

Radio Show: WKNO Ready to Learn Family Day

Episode Summary

On June 22, come and join WKNO/PBS from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Cash Saver in the Southgate Shopping Center for this FREE "Ready to Learn - Family Day" event. There will be FREE rides for the children, meet and greet with Teacher, Teacher, rock climbing, food, entertainment, vendors, and more! Details→

Episode Notes

WKNO, now more than 60 years old, is owned and operated by the Mid-South Public Communications Foundation, licensed to the community of Memphis, Tennessee, and governed by an all-volunteer, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees.

In its unique role as the independent, not-for-profit, community-owned broadcasting voice in the Mid-South, WKNO is dedicated to quality radio and television programming in order to illuminate, inform, entertain, and educate the people of the Mid-South community. WKNO is committed to respond to the needs of the community, reflect community talents and resources, and represent Memphis and the Mid-South to itself, the region and the nation.

Over 76% of the annual budget comes from the Mid-South community. The remaining 24% comes from federal, state, and local government grants. WKNO also offers a variety of educational services, including programming for classrooms, state and local legislative coverage and more.